how to install Gnucash in Linux Mint 13

Thelma Sabim juramentada at thelmasabim.com
Wed Sep 25 17:34:44 EDT 2013

Hi,
I tried to download the latest 2.5.5 version but did not know what to do
after unpacking the zipped file. I am just starting Linux.
So, I removed it from the directory and went to an old version that came
with Linux Mint 13 32-bit. However, the program does not install - I get
errors like unable to lock administrative directory. I followed
instructions found in ubuntu site to update, clean, etc... but I still have
"held broken package" and the software from synaptic does not install.
Is there a guide that I can follow to remove GnuCash and do a fresh
install? I think I had corrupted dependencies.
Thank you.

--
Thelma L Sabim
www.tradutorabrasileira.com