Sample Company Accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 27 10:22:27 EDT 2013

Hi,

hokroeger <hokroeger at yahoo.com> writes:

> List customers: Click on Menu	Business  → Customer  → New Customer.
> Similar for suppliers: 	Menu 	Business   → Vendor → New Vendor
> This does’n create an account for each customer or supplier; to do that you
> must go to the Account Tree (first tab in the main display of GnuCash),
> right click on the desired parent account (example, Assets/Receivable -  for
> customers), click on “New Account”, and enter the data for a customer:

In general there is no need to have a separate account for each
customer.  You can, in general, get the information you would want via
the reports which can break apart your Invoices and Payments into their
respective Customers/Vendors.

[snip]
> This will work fine, if there are not excesive custmers. Otherwise, you can
> get easily an summary of the transaccions with an customer in particular, in
> your transactions register tab, clicking Menu Edit → Find → Aaron-Jhon. It
> will work fine, so long as you have ever registered the transactions with
> this client under this description, but will not give you totals of the
> transactions with this customer/supplier.
> Y am home in Paraguay, and cannot speak English. So, please, forgive errors.
> But if you understand  Spanish, portugese, or Germany…

Doing this means you have to make sure you post each customers' invoices
to their individual account..  It's a lot of extra work for IMHO very
little gain.

If there is data you need that the reports don't give you then we should
expand the reports.  Code donations always encouraged.