Recording Taxes not Withheld

David Johnson vckngs7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:01:35 EDT 2014

Hello,

I work at a job where my income comes in the form of a paycheck and
cash. Taxes are deducted from my paycheck but because of the cash
compensation I receive, the full federal and state tax amounts are not
withheld. I would like to keep track of the taxes that are not withheld
and I figured that such a thing would go under liabilities. I currently
have this setup.

Liabilities:
     Unpaid Taxes:
         Federal
         State

Within say Liabilities:Unpaid Taxes:Federal I may have a line on 1/10
listing 200$, but from which account should this be transferred? I
currently have it being transferred from Expenses:Taxes:Federal.
However, this makes it look as though I actually paid those 200$ in
taxes on 1/10/14 when in fact, I have not yet paid those taxes.

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have any good advice for
how best to record taxes which are not withheld?

Thanks