Expenses types show in Net worth?

Buggrit jason at familybell.net
Wed Apr 2 08:05:27 EDT 2014

Hi there,

I have just imported QIF files from MS Money, which seemed to go well until
I looked at the accounts list in GnuCash, which now shows hundreds of
accounts; all showing non-zero balances. The Net worth and profit figures on
the status bar at the bottom, seem to be including these accounts. To be
clear, the 'accounts' are mostly just expense categories from the old MS
Money program and as such were a record of bills paid. i.e. they mostly had
zero balances. In the accounts list the 'Totals' column shows them all
having balances. see the attached Image...

Have I done something wrong with the import, or should I hide or even delete
these seemingly pointless accounts?

<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4669697/54.png>

Thanks

Regards