Canada Business End-of-Year Tax Statement (T4) generation.

Damon Erickson damon at metapaso.com
Thu Apr 3 01:09:52 EDT 2014

Just to be clear, this is the payroll split template I have created.
The values here are totally made up and do not reflect actual Canadian
taxes.  This transaction is entered into the checking account.

Gross Pay		Payroll Expenses	C$975.00
CPP Employer - Expense	Expenses:CPP		C$50.00
EI Employer - Expense	Expenses:EI		C$60.00
Provincial Tax Witheld	Liabilities:FedTax			C$32.00
Federal Tax Witheld	Liabilities:OntTax			C$27.00
CPP Witheld		Liabilities:CPP				C$38.00
EI Witheld		Liabilities:EI				C$53.00
CPP Employer		Liabilities:CPP				C$50.00
EI Employer		Liabilities:EI				C$60.00
Net Pay			Assets:Checking				C$825.00

I just don't understand how later I'm going to be able to distinguish
which EI Employer transactions are for this particular employee unless I
create a separate sub-account for this employee.