Mint to GnuCash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 15:10:33 EDT 2014

Chris,

You say that QIF can only import one account at a time, but that was not my experience. GnuCash will import a QIF file with multiple accounts just fine, although with more accounts there are more opportunities for transactions to end up in odd accounts. I’ll note that the OFX/QFX specification IS limited to one account at a time, though.

Perhaps you are encountering difficulty at some prior point in the process? For example, perhaps your conversion script is not correctly managing the other account element?

I do believe that there is a Calc2QIF spreadsheet option that might serve you better; others on the list have reported succes with it. One takes the CSV file, opens it in a spreadsheet, and uses Calc2QIF to save to a QIF file that then gets imported. I have not used it personally.

David