(no subject)

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:01:29 EDT 2014

Hello.
No doubt a question that will be asked is what operating system you are
using, as this might change the answer(s) you will receive. I'm using Mac OS
X, and find that if I change the permissions of the file, I can "lock" it
away from other users. You'd do something like

chmod 600 <filename>.gnucash

This makes the file read/writeable to you, the owner, but inaccessible to
others. The same will work for Linux systems.

In any of the Windows variants, you can presumably do the same, by selecting
the file and right clicking to get "Properties", then changing things such
as the read/write permissions, etc. I don't know if it's so straightforward
as far as locking other people out or not.

As far as I know, there's not a password-using login capability for the
program.

-----
Ken Farley