Mint to GnuCash

Chris Lonsberry chris.lonsberry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:30:36 EDT 2014

> You need to use !Account
Thanks Derek. I tried using the !Account tag, but I'm doing something
wrong. Here's my output transactions. GnuCash won't read these at all.

!Type:Bank
!Account:CapitolOne Visa
D3/29/2014
T-20
PBART-POWELL QPS 5104646979 CA 94102 US C_OTHERTRAVEL
LPublic Transportation
^
!Account:Checking
D3/28/2014
T-40
PMY STUDENT LOAN LENDER
LStudent Loan
^
!Account:Checking
D3/28/2014
T-64
PCheck Paid #995525
LCheck
^
!Account:OtherChecking
D3/28/2014
T-1.95
PMY MORTGAGE COMPANY
LCredit Card Payment
^
!Account:credit
D3/28/2014
T1
PMY EMPLOYER
L000.00
^

The documentation says it is a header tag rather than a transaction tag, so
I'm still a little confused as to how that works.

Do you have an example you could sanitize so that I can see how it is used?

> You can load more than one file in the QIF importer. This option is
very close to the start (about the third screen, from memory).

Sorry, poor wording on my part. I meant that I want to load all of my Mint
transactions into a single file, rather than downloading individual CSV
files for each account.

Chris