Installation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 8 10:23:37 EDT 2014

ngrrsn <ngrrsn at gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry.  I use Windows 7.  I finally (after unintalling and installing
> several times) went to the registry and did a search on *gnu* and then
> carefully studied each "find".  I deleted anything related to the GNU
> program, and I was amazed at how many files are not deleted when you
> "uninstall".  Then I downloaded the program again --- same result.  A

Well, neither your data files nor your saved settings get removed when
you uninstall.  This is considered a feature, not a bug!

> network administrator friend told me to 'right click' and select "open as
> administrator".  That works.  If I just open the program, it fails every
> time (to save).  If I right click and open as administrator, it works.
> Rather annoying, but at least I have a solution.

This implies you have a filesystem permission problem on your system.
Glad you have a workaround for now, but you might want to fix your
filesystem permissions.

You'll need to ask someone who actually uses windows how to do that.