Problem with the GnuCash TXF file

BobF bflora2 at carolinaroad.com
Tue Apr 8 15:41:20 EDT 2014

I'm new to GnuCash (a Quicken refugee) and I really like it. I've imported
all of my 2013 Quicken business finance data, and I'm now working on my US
tax return. I have assigned my income and expense accounts to their
appropriate Schedule C categories by going to Edit > Tax Report Options. I
generated a tax report which shows all the correct information, and I
exported the report to a TXF file.

The problem is that when I import the TXF file into TurboTax Home & Business
2013 only the income portion of the data appears to be imported. The correct
total value is shown for income but no expenses are shown. I've tried
importing the TXF file into H&R Block Premium and the exact same thing
happened. I opened the TXF file in an editor and I can see the expenses are
indeed recorded in the file.

Is this a general problem? Or, does someone know what I may have done wrong?

Bob