No Suitable backend was found for file:

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Apr 9 15:11:02 EDT 2014

On Wed 9 April 14 12:15:35 David Carlson wrote:
  I am a user rather than a
> developer, but I am puzzled by your search for a *.xac file.  I do not
> know what that is.
>
> David C

Hi David.

.xac is the old extension used by gnucash in the 2.2 or 2.0 and earlier
release series.  IIRC, the addition of a newer .gnucash predates the windows
version,  so it is unlikely to appear on a datafile on an MS platform - my
data files are still .xac on a linux installation.

note that GC doesn't care about the extension, it is desktop managers that use
it to know what program to run when you click (or double click as per
preference) to open the datafile.

HTH,
Maf.