Managing an overdraft

Andrew Riddin andrewjr2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:03:38 EDT 2014

Hi

I have an overdraft on my personal cheque account. When I initially setup
GnuCash, I had an asset account for my cheque account, with a negative
balance. I then had a separate Liability account for the Overdraft
facility, with the opening balance equalling the limit of my overdraft. Now
I have had to increase my overdraft. But when recording this, it affects
the balance of my cheque account, in that it does not accurately reflect
the balance, because the increase in overdraft is a deposit, which
decreases the negative amount.

Can anybody please suggest a better way of doing this?

Thanks!

Andrew