Multi-Account Journal Entry Import from Excel Spreadsheet?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 23 14:14:08 EDT 2014

Hi,

Aaron Lee <alazyguy at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> Thanks for the assistance.  I can't seem to get this working.
> http://puu.sh/8jKvB.png

This page of the dialog is saying "all the transaction in this file are
for Account "C:\Users\alazguy\Desktop\testest" -- you probably want to
change that to something more reasonable.  Note that this is a
QIFAccount name, not a GNC Account.  Later on in the import process
there is a page to map QIFAccounts to GNC (Asset/Liability) Accounts.
There's also a place to map QIFCategories to GNC (Income/Expense)
Accounts.

> Is there something wrong with my mapping?
> http://puu.sh/8jKkZ.png

You probably don't want to make the "account" number the payee.

Apparently there is no way to set QIFCategory of QIFAccount via the
macro, so you may need to process the file by hand.  But putting an
account name as the Payee is *probably* wrong.  The Payee is generally,
well, the Payee!  The person or company to whom (or from whom) the money
went (came).

> Gnu - XL2QIF
> Date - Date
> Number - Check Number