Upgrade to 2.6.3 issues

Ricardo Biloti biloti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:43:15 EDT 2014

Dear Jim

I'm used to install Gnucash from source in Debian, Ubuntu, and others. I
have never get into trouble. This is my "script"

1. download the source code

wget
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnucash/gnucash-2.6.3.tar.bz2

2. install dependencies

sudo apt-get install stow libofx-dev intltool libglib2.0-dev guile-1.8-dev
libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev xsltproc libdbi-dev libsqlite3-dev libdbd-sqlite3
libgtk2.0-dev libgnomecanvas2-dev libgoffice-0.8-dev libwebkit-dev

3. uncompress it

tar jxf gnucash-2.6.3.tar.bz2

4. move to the created directory, configure, compile and install it

cd gnucash-2.6.3
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/gnucash-2.6.3
make
sudo make install
cd /usr/local/stow
sudo stow -v gnucash-2.6.3

I'm used to employ 'stow' to install programs from source code, since it
allows us to uninstall them easily. For instance, to uninstall gnucash, you
just have to run

cd /usr/local/stow
sudo stow -D gnucash-2.6.3

Of course, if you have a previous version of gnucash installed, it is up to
you to clean the mess in your system. Probably, there is a uninstall tag in
the makefile of the previous version of gnucash.

Regards,
Ricardo Biloti