Trust Accounting Report

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Apr 23 22:57:28 EDT 2014

On Apr 23, 2014, at 9:04 AM, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:

> I need to generate a Trust Accounting report for the trust I manage for my
> Mom's estate. I have attached a sample copy - if it does not come through
> you can find it at
> http://www.aicpa.org/InterestAreas/Tax/Resources/TrustEstateandGift/ToolsandAids/DownloadableDocuments/Chapter_8_-_SAMPLE_FORMAL_ACCOUNTING.pdf
>
> Has anyone created such a report for gnucash, and if so, would you be
> willing to share it? I am using gnucash 2.6.3. I have 16 months of data -
> the annual transaction report is 107 pages. I really don't want to retype
> all that data into a spreadsheet!
>
> Are there any report gurus out there who would be able to generate this
> report format for a modes fee?

Reports paste in to spreadsheets, at least Open Office spreadsheets, just fine. I have to make a couple of trust reports to the courts every year; I've built spreadsheet templates to generate what the court wants (Henrico Co., VA) and just paste in the transactions from the transaction report. The spreadsheet does the necessary calculations, I manually copy the previous year's carry over, copy the results to the mandatory cover-letter form, print it all, and ship it off. Takes about 30 minutes.

Regards,
John Ralls