Similar GNU cash program needed

Fast Radio fastradio at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 10:34:12 EDT 2014

https://booksdo.com/

On Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:10 AM, Jamestk <davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Cheers Ian.

I have this morning installed the same version on my laptop to see if there
is any difference. This is a far lower spec than the desktop but it loads
around 50% faster, still slow but acceptable.

All the machines have exactly the same software build with identical
updates.

When first loading the GNU cash file I always select the one at the top,
without any numbers after it.

*main.gnucash*

Just making sure that's the correct one.

Are the older versions still available to download? I normally just go to
the main GNU cash page to get the latest version.

Linux, tried Ubuntu (which is how I found GNU cash originally) but
unfortunately after the SSD's upgrades it failed to load. Re-installed GRUB
manually but still no go.

There's a new version out this month which caters for SSD's out of the box.
May give that a try on another machine.

David