Advanded portfolio breakdown

Scott Armitage account+gnucash at scott.armitage.name
Mon Apr 28 17:09:20 EDT 2014

The portion coming from stock price increase, also known as capital gain,
will be reflected by your "unrealized gain", while dividends will be
reflected by your "income".

  Total return = Total gain + Income
               = ( Realized gain + Unrealized gain ) + Income

NB: I am still on the Advanced Portfolio Report that ships with 2.4.x; not
sure if column names have changed.