Importing transactions from the bank

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:53:20 EDT 2014

C Free:

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM, CFreestone <cfstone at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi Alex
>
> I’m trying to import my bank transactions. On the WellsFargo, account
> activity page, I downloaded the transactions to an excel spreadsheet on my
> hard drive. In Gnucash, under File, I choose Import. I got to a page called
> “Preview Settings, and in selecting the type of each column I didn’t know
> what the type was for the second column which contains both deposits and
> withdrawals. I tried Num but then it changed my check number column to
> None. Is there a way to download my bank statements into gnucash a month at
> a time instead of just one at a time?
>
> C Free

It is not appropriate to send gnucash questions to individuals. I have
forwarded your question to gnucash-user at gnucash.org, which is a mailing
list for gnucash users from all over the world. If you are not on the list
already, please join via www.gnucash,org. There, by following the links,
you can join and manage your own subscription (for example, you can remove
yourself from the list later on if you want to).

You will find the list to be quite active with many individuals helping
each other out.

Also, you will find other useful information at www.gnucash,org, like a
link to the FAQ which answers many common questions and to the gnucash wiki.

As for your question, I don't personally have experience with importing
bank transactions and so can't answer your question. However, I bet many on
the list do and some will respond with knowledge - a good example of why
this should be directed to the list not to an individual.

Regards,

Alex