need help with stock investment reporting

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Fri Aug 1 17:42:02 EDT 2014

Hi Wm,
  I am also new to GnuCash, so I have not yet worked out all the details. Also, I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to switching from Quicken to GnuCash, so I expect it to take a while yet. So far, I figured out how to munge the .qif from Quicken so GnuCash did not choke on it and all the data went where I wanted it to go. Then I figured out this bit about what to do with Quicken's classes and that I could run a grep search and then report on the search results. I trust (hope) that I will find a report that meets my needs once I get around to looking into it. If I had to, I could export the information from the search to a spreadsheet, but I would like to avoid that. It seems to me that my financial software should be powerful enough to generate the reports I need on a regular basis.

Best,
John