Convert rabobank csv file to qif

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Aug 2 04:45:19 EDT 2014

On Friday 25 July 2014 09:59:42 Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Marcel <marcel.roolvink at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Erik,
> >
> > I would like to use gnucash to manage my cashflow. My bank is the
> > Rabobank and I would like to import the transactions automatically.
> > I came across your program to do this (rabocsv_to_qif) but it
> > doesn't seem to work for me. When I run the program I get a lot of
> > output :
> > Failed to parse (this is normal for the last line in the file):
> > ['NL23RABO....
> > but no transactions are written to the output file. I'm not familiar
> > with python, so I can't analyse what the program does exactly.
> > It's possible that the progrma is causing an error because the IBAN
> > codes have been introduced in the new bank accounts.
> >
> > Can you please help?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Marcel Roolvink
>
> Greetings! I am not the OP but saw your message and wanted to point
> out the original message you discovered was from March 9, 2010, and
> there was a follow-up message on July 29, 2013 with some suggested
> changes to fix the script.

I just checked the script which can still be downloaded from the link in the original message.
The correction suggested by FJM is included in today's version. So if it still doesn't work it may
be that Rabobank has yet again changed its csv output format.

I don't know if Erik still follows the gnucash-user list. If you haven't received a reply in a
couple of more days, perhaps you should contact him directly (but it would be nice if you
cc'ed the mailing-list so others here can follow the conversation).

Geert