Yosemite

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Aug 10 16:59:21 EDT 2014

On Aug 10, 2014, at 1:19 PM, John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us> wrote:

> Hi John,
>  Thanks for responding so quickly. I am also busy with many projects. I hope that will excuse the delay in my response.
>
>  I have tried the two commands you recommended. Both appear to return reasonable results. The first command returns what appears to be a list of the available stock-quote services. The second command returned Apple's most recent closing price. I also tried the second command with SWRLX in place of AAPL, which returned the most recent price of a mutual fund I hold. That is one of the funds I was trying to get a price for in GnuCash's Price Editor.
>
>  I then when back to GnuCash to see if anything had changed, but clicking the Get Quotes button in the Price Editor still gave me the same "unknown" error. However, looking at the Security Editor, I could see that I was trying to use "Fidelity Direct," not "Yahoo," as the source for the stock quotes. Changing to "Yahoo" seems to have solved the problem.
>
>  Looking back in the output from the check command, I can see that both fidelity and fidelity-direct are listed as sources of stock quotes. When I run the second command with fidelity in place of yahoo, I get essentially the same information I got from Yahoo. However, when I run that command with fidelity-direct, I get an error: "Undefined fetch-method fidelity-direct passed to Finance::Quote::fetch at /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-dump line 178."
>
>  Looking in the GnuCash application under Yosemite, I can see that the only Fidelity source listed under the single quote sources is "Fidelity Direct." Back in Snow Leopard, I noticed that I was using "Fidelity (Fidelity ...)" under the multiple quote source. That one works without a hitch. Switching one of my mutual funds to the single source called Fidelity Direct under Snow Leopard causes the Price Editor to throw the same unknown error I got under Yosemite.
>
>  So, I don't think this error is caused either by running on a virtual machine or by running under Yosemite. At this point, GnuCash seems to be running as well under Yosemite as it runs under Snow Leopard. In fact, some of the dialog controls respond more naturally under Yosemite than they do under Snow Leopard. Of course, I have only scratched the surface, so I can't say that there are no other issues.

> [...]

Thanks for the update.

Interesting about the fidelity-direct thing. What version of F::Q is installed on your Snow Leopard box?

I see the window stacking issues mostly when importing via AQBanking, and the problem certainly isn't limited to Yosemite. I'll have another look to see if I can do anything about it.

Regards,
John Ralls