Version 2.6.3 won't save when there are open Reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 14 15:23:07 EDT 2014

Roger,

Roger <rmisko11 at gmail.com> writes:

> I ran it under gdb where I opened the file, changed data, saved it,
> opened a report, File/Quit where asked me to save again (Yes).

[snip]
> Backtrace:
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>  157: 7 [catch #t #<catch-closure bda3c0> ...]
> In unknown file:
>    ?: 6 [apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure bda3c0>]
>    ?: 5 [call-with-input-string "gnc:report-serialize" ...]
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
> 2320: 4 [save-module-excursion #<procedure 203d7e0 at
> ice-9/eval-string.scm:65:9 ()>]
> In ice-9/eval-string.scm:
>   44: 3 [read-and-eval #<input: string 245b5b0> #:lang ...]
>   37: 2 [lp gnc:report-serialize]
> In ice-9/eval.scm:
>  393: 1 [eval #<memoized gnc:report-serialize> ()]
> In unknown file:
>    ?: 0 [memoize-variable-access! # #]
>
> ERROR: In procedure memoize-variable-access!:
> ERROR: Unbound variable: gnc:report-serialize

This seems to imply an error during the report saving.  Umm, do you by
chance have multiple versions of GnuCash installed on your system?  One
reason for this would be having multiple versions, one installed by a
package manager and one installed by hand from sources, but when you
built it you used the default --prefix during ./configure instead of,
say, using --prefix=/opt/gnucash --- and the two versions are
interacting poorly.