Extra Notes

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 26 03:58:25 EDT 2014

On Mon 25 August 14 00:16:04 Richard Barmann wrote:
> I have added to the "Extra Notes" which appear about line 350 in my
> Configuration. I saved and rebooted but the new text does not come thru.
> I was careful to place it exactly as the old was shown. My friend who
> helped me and set up Gnucash for died about a month ago and I need to
> learn how to do it myself. Also I want the JOBSITE to show on my Quotes
> and Invoices as some customers have several sites.
> Thank you

Hi Dick.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

It sounds like you have a modified report (this is more more clear in your
second email - striping-invoice.scm isn't a standard gnucash file).

In the distributed version, invoice.scm has this at line 777:
(string-expand (opt-val "Display" "Extra Notes") #\newline "<br>")

is that similar to what you have?
If you change the "<br>" to "<whatever HTML i want<br>" and save it back to
the same place what exactly happens when you restart gnucash and run the
report?

also, you don't mention which OS and GC versions you are using: this is
information which may help others help you.  Note, I don't know scheme (the
programming language used to define the reports - there are others on the list
who are fluent, and hopefully they'll jump in if I'm off target)

HTH,
Maf.