Keyboard Shortcuts

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Wed Dec 3 22:01:46 EST 2014

The wiki page linked to earlier has instructions at the bottom for
editing the accelerator-map file.  There is a line in the file that reads:

; (gtk_accel_path
"<Actions>/GncPluginPageRegisterActions/SplitTransactionAction" "")

(ignore the word wrap, it's all on one line).

Close GNC, open the file, add your desired accelerator inside the last
set of quotation marks, remove the semicolon at the beginning of the
file and your new accelerator will be ready.  I just tested under
Windows and it works fine.  I edited mine to read:

 (gtk_accel_path
"<Actions>/GncPluginPageRegisterActions/SplitTransactionAction" "s")

Pressing 's' on the keyboard opens the split.