Viewing updated share values

Sean Parsons sbparsons at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:49:22 EST 2014

Hi Ken, and thanks for taking the time to take a look.

Sorry, I should have said that I was on Windows 8.1 (as you worked out) and
I have GnuCash v2.6.3 installed. I have the correct perl module installed
and working - I can see the updated prices in the Price Editor and they are
correct as per my trading account so all is working in that regard.

On closer inspection (and with the help of a spreadsheet) I noticed that
some of my initial currencies in the original manual stock transaction
entry were in EUR instead of the currency that they were quoted in online
(as I am in Ireland I work in euro). After updating the manual entries to
be in the same currency as the fetched online quotes, the latest prices
suddenly were used. It pays to concentrate on the details when entering the
initial details!

Thanks again, and perhaps I will have more questions as I use GnuCash more
regularly.
Sean