Viewing updated share values

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:58:14 EST 2014

I've looked at my setup, and have some ideas:
(1) Could the original "buy" transactions be missing a date, or have an
incorrect date, perhaps with regards to year? I believe the prices shown in
the listing are the "most recent", and if a date is  wrong the program might
be interpreting the prices downloaded as being older.
(2) Have you checked the list of prices for securities when you access the
"Price Editor"? That might give you some clues as to what's going on when
you download data for them.
(3) If something is wrong with the "Get Quotes" action, it usually gives
some sort of error message, like "Unable to Obtain Quote..." or something
like that. Have you tried to run the "gnc-fq-dump" utility program for a
security of interest? For example "gnc-fq-dump yahoo IBM".
(4) Are your symbols for each security in all uppercase letters? The
gnc-fq-dump program will give results for a security with lowercase letters,
but only after telling you it is doing you a favor. I don't know if the
function within GnuCash will handle this type of thing correctly, or will
interpret the warning message as a failure to obtain the price.

You didn't mention the version and operating system you're working under,
but since the message says it was sent by "Windows Mail", I guess that might
be your OS. I'm on Mac OS X, but if you have any other evidence that might
help to troubleshoot the situation, maybe others will pipe in to help.

-----
Ken Farley