Income/expenses over time report

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 18:56:08 EST 2014

Thu, 18 Dec 2014 23:06:55 <gCd9t0JP41kUFweB at tarrcity.demon.co.uk>  Wm
<wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk>

[ff to self]

>Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:23:34 <5492E366.2040102 at cmail.nu>  Matt Kowske
><jmk at cmail.nu>
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have been using GnuCash for business purposes for a few weeks now and
>>like it so much I want to transition from using KmyMoney to GnuCash for
>>my personal finances. One thing I might miss is the reporting
>>functionality... is it possible to get a report like the below
>>(income/expenses over time by month) in GnuCash or would it require the
>>use of the SQL backend in combo with office data/excel?

btw this is a classic pivot table application see Pierre DUVALLET
postings late Nov / early Dec.  It will give you a feel for doing things
the SQL way.  I'd suggest sqlite unless you're already running mysql or
postgres dbs for something else.

>>In case the attachment does not go through, it is a table with the
>>column headers as the months of the year and the rows as individual
>>expense categories, e.g.
>
>Budget Report will do it.  You don't need a meaningful budget and you
>can do a lot more with the periods than monthly.

P.S. dunno why but you're asking questions I seem interested in
answering, I'll get over it soon :)

--
Wm...