Income/expenses over time report

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 06:16:36 EST 2014

Fri, 19 Dec 2014 07:59:13 <54942F31.8030803 at cmail.nu>  Matt Kowske
<jmk at cmail.nu>

>Looks like the budget report is what I'm looking for, thanks!

You are welcome.  Ask an interesting q again.

>I wonder if, in the spirit of UNIX -- do one thing and do it well --
>the direction of GnuCash is to fully utilize a SQL database backend and
>let the majority of the reporting be done by an external application. I
>wouldn't mind if it was easy to access once set up.

The people that do the work aren't committed beyond a backend that
happens to be SQL capable.  That'll probably be SQLite3 as a de facto.

People, myself included, pull and push in directions but I'm
sufficiently intelligent to know if (long term) it isn't sqlite3 it is
unlikely to run.

Other people may yell, but I have formed a view.

In reality no-one is developing new reports outside SQL that I am aware
of.

The problem is, further, that no-one is picking up the reports offered.

To the best of my knowledge no person has tried my rather significant
indefinate depth CoA.  Why?  Is it because I used postgres and that is a
dirty word?

I simply don't know

--
Wm...