Mac OSX "error parsing the file"--I need help!

De Clarkson deannaclarkson at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 16:51:08 EST 2014

When I tried to open the file outside of the application, that's when I was
clicking on the .gnucash file, results above.  If I open Gnucash and go to
File>Open and choose one of my recent .gnucash files…

it opened!!

I can't believe the fix was that easy.  My window didn't open with the
default Account tabs, but it did open with all my accounts (at a cursory
glance) there.

Wow.  You're smart, and I'm not!  Thank you!

P.S.  Any idea why that worked and the rest of it didn't?