Mac OSX "error parsing the file"--I need help!

De Clarkson deannaclarkson at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 08:53:33 EST 2014

I do have another question.  I had assumed my Documents.gnucash file was
corrupted, so yesterday I chose an older .gnucash file to open from inside
the application, one with the most recent time and date stamp (which would
be from October)   Now my logs have a compound title.  Gnucash is now taking
the date and time stamp from the file I used to open it, and just adding the
suffix of the new time and date stamp. This is now what my .log and .gnucash
file names look like:

Documents.gnucash.20141007112551.gnucash.20141223165540.log
Documents.gnucash.20141007112551.gnucash

The .gnucash file is from yesterday but it still has the time stamp from
October.  It's just added another .gnucash to the end.  I no longer have a
general Documents.gnucash file as my most recent one.   The log file now has
the original October stamp with the December date added as a suffix.

I suppose to fix this I could go into Gnucash and open the old
Documents.gnucash file.  Now that it's working again I don't want to screw
it up, but it would be nice if my log and gnucash files were backing up
properly.  Should I open the Documents.gnucash from inside the app?