Bulk transaction move

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 24 15:12:04 EST 2014

hi,

Thomas Young <thomas at polywatt.com> writes:

> Hi David et al
>
> Do you know of any exporting-importing scheme that would give me an
> opportunity for a bulk edit without losing data. The CSV export-import
> scheme via Excel has not worked since there seems to be no way of
> doing this without losing splits and memos. The main problem with the
> CSV export is that for each transaction there will be as many lines as
> there are splits with no way to import that same data back into
> Gnucash. I wish there was some symmetry in the exporting and
> importing.

Sorry, no, there's just no way of doing it en-masse.  You have a few

1) You could do it by hand, one at a time.  You can help yourself some
   by performing a "Find Transaction" to get a window of just the
   transactions you need to move.

2) You could *TRY* to go behind GnuCash's back and adjust the
   transaction pointers by hand, but this is not supported and not
   recommended.