Help migrating computers? (and operating system)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Dec 29 10:24:11 EST 2014

I'm about to move from this old desktop under MS Windows XP to a docked
laptop under Windows 7.

In my use of GnuCash keeping lots of different books and no likelihood
that the one I want to open this time the same as the one I opened last
time. So I use the "nofile" parameter.

That was no problem under XP since the shortcut references a BAT file
which does the actual program call (so I could edit the BAT file to
stick on the "nofile").

But Windows 7 seems to do this differently. Before I try to figure this
out by trial and error though I might as well ask. Does anybody know
exactly how to apply the "nofile" parameter under Windows 7? (in other
words, exactly where am I to put that)

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.