Unable to amend transaction amount for completed Scheduled Transaction entries

Graham Stoddart-Stones gstones at pacifera.com
Tue Dec 30 08:19:21 EST 2014

Environment: Using gnucash 2.6.5 on a Windows 7 laptop.

Requirement: amend an entry in an account that was originally entered via Scheduled Transaction. eg mobile phone subscription is a monthly fixed cost, but needs to be amended if subscriber has sent more texts than are covered in monthly plan

Problem: gnucash permits the amount to be changed, but refuses to save it. Cursor will not move from the line being changed - ie it is frozen, no other transactions are permitted. The only way out is to Discard the change.

Notes: 1. I have been using gnucash for five years, and many versions. This had never happened to me before I upgraded to 2.6.4. When I found it there, I upgraded to 2.6.5 to see if that resolved the matter - it did not.
2. I tried disabling all transactions in the Scheduled Transaction register, saving, and then exiting from gnucash, and starting again - ie with zero scheduled transactions. This did not resolve the problem.
3. One can amend all other transactions without a problem - this problem only occurs for an entry created by the Scheduled Transaction facility.
4. Temporary workaround: I have resorted to creating a second entry for each of the affected amounts, so that the combination of the two records equals the entry required. This is a lot of extra work!

Has anybody else encountered this, please (could not find anything in the archives, the FAQs or the mailing lists)? Any ideas on what to try?

Thank you

Graham

--
Graham Stoddart-Stones