Unable to amend transaction amount for completed Scheduled Transaction entries

Graham Stoddart-Stones gstones at pacifera.com
Tue Dec 30 12:23:11 EST 2014

That appeared to do the trick, Wm!

Thank you very much.

Graham

From: "Wm" <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk>
To: "gnucash-user" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 30 December, 2014 13:58:13
Subject: Re: Unable to amend transaction amount for completed Scheduled Transaction entries

Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:19:21
<1986191261.648868.1419945561549.JavaMail.zimbra at pacifera.com> Graham
Stoddart-Stones <gstones at pacifera.com>

>Environment: Using gnucash 2.6.5 on a Windows 7 laptop.
>
>Requirement: amend an entry in an account that was originally entered
>via Scheduled Transaction. eg mobile phone subscription is a monthly
>fixed cost, but needs to be amended if subscriber has sent more texts
>than are covered in monthly plan
>
>Problem: gnucash permits the amount to be changed, but refuses to save
>it. Cursor will not move from the line being changed - ie it is frozen,
>no other transactions are permitted. The only way out is to Discard the
>change.
>
>Notes: 1. I have been using gnucash for five years, and many versions.
>This had never happened to me before I upgraded to 2.6.4. When I found
>it there, I upgraded to 2.6.5 to see if that resolved the matter - it
>did not.
>2. I tried disabling all transactions in the Scheduled Transaction
>register, saving, and then exiting from gnucash, and starting again -
>ie with zero scheduled transactions. This did not resolve the problem.
>3. One can amend all other transactions without a problem - this
>problem only occurs for an entry created by the Scheduled Transaction
>facility.
>4. Temporary workaround: I have resorted to creating a second entry for
>each of the affected amounts, so that the combination of the two
>records equals the entry required. This is a lot of extra work!
>
>Has anybody else encountered this, please (could not find anything in
>the archives, the FAQs or the mailing lists)? Any ideas on what to try?

See if you can change the transactions in Tools / General Ledger. Pay
particular attention to the Reconciliation flag.

I had something similar once with, IIRC, a Cancelled or Voided
transaction.

I'm guessing the template transaction you used for your Scheduled
transaction must have inherited a flag.

Let me know if that helps either way coz if it doesn't I'll try and
recall more clearly.

--
Wm...