New file/Book Options

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:33:09 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 10:03 PM, <gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org> wrote:

> [...]

The importance of the setting depends on how you have used (or plan to use)
the number field. Some people use it intermittently and it doesn't really
matter. Other people use it in very specific ways. I don't know about your
case.

If you are coming from a Quicken environment, setting the option to 'use
split action field for number' will be more like what you are used to. If
you are bringing over historical data via import, you should set the option
to 'use split action field for number'.

Alex