crash in 2.6.5 (Windows) on Actions->Check and Repair->All Transactions

David Beattie dvdbeattie at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 16:25:03 EST 2014

Hi developers (and anybody else who may be reading),
I just installed GnuCash 2.6.5.  I waited out the reports of 2.6.4 user-interface crashes, so I've been using 2.6.3 until today.
I was excited to clean up my Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable registers using the Business Lot scrubbing feature included (as of 2.6.4) in the "Check and Repair" functionality.  Unfortunately, when I tried the "All Transactions" option, GnuCash went away for about 10 seconds, and then crashed.
I was able to clean up the registers, successfully, one transaction at a time, by highlighting each unwanted "Lot Link" and using Actions->Check and Repair->This Transaction.  This worked perfectly, correctly converting payments in both the simple case (one payment per invoice) and the more complex cases that I saw (one payment for several invoices).
I was also wondering if it was a problem with running out of allocated data structure size, or resource leakage, etc., considering that I have about 5 years of near-daily data in my Accounts Receivable.  However, after cleaning Accounts Receivable manually, I moved on to Accounts Payable, where I have only about 3 years of data and only about 3 transactions paid every month... i.e., a much smaller data set.  Unfortunately, GnuCash crashed when I tried the "All Transactions" cleanup in this case too.
This is not causing me a problem, since I can work around it by cleaning up each transaction individually.  But I thought I should report it for completeness, and in the interest of helping this "product" become robust enough that hopefully millions of people can use it some day.
Regards,
David Beattie