Scheduled Transactions: Name changes every month

jcard21 xxxxxxx jcard21+gnucash at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 07:56:29 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Gast1234 <gast1234 at trash-mail.com> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> I generated a several scheduled transactions. I used an existing
> transaction, which had a specific name, e.g. "phone jan.". If I use the
> specific transaction, all folowing transaction will have the same name. How
> is it possible to set the name as a variable?
>
> Thanks a lot!

I'll assume, in this example, you are referring to using the Scheduled
Txn for your Checking Account Register.

I wouldn't want the "name" (Txn-Description?) to change. Using your
example (phone company), here is what I have for my Txn:

Txn-Date: 2014-01-13 Mon

Txn-Description = {Phone Company Name}

Txn-Memo: Entered: 2014-01-09 Thu/Due: 2014-01-27 Mon/GM360-HMTTZ
(Bank ConfirmationNo)

Split-Note: 2014 Jan 01 - Jan 31
Split-Account: {Expenses:Telephone}
Split-Amt: {$Amt}

After the Scheduled Txn is auto-entered into the register for that
month, I manually change/edit the Txn-Memo and Split-Note for that
current month.

---
jcard21