Any way to correct the running total of shares?

Graham P Davis hacker at scarlet-jade.com
Wed Feb 5 09:26:49 EST 2014

I've had another look at this and found out a bit more about how it
happened.

I completed entry of a purchase of a stock in accounts display in 2.6.0
but when I realised I'd made an error I deleted the entry. However, the
deleted entry was still in the system so that although it was no longer
visible, the number of shares was still added to the balance.

I have since discovered that if I'd opened the Price Editor, I would
have seen that the deleted entries were still on that display.

After updating to 2.6.1, the deleted entries reappeared in the account
register. Deleting them again also removed the number of shares from
the 'balance' column. This seemed to have solved my problem, but . . .

I've now looked in the Price Editor and the deleted entries are still
there. I wondered if this was just a feature of 2.6.0 so I created a
test entry in the account display in 2.6.1, opened Price Editor and
checked it had appeared there. I then closed it and deleted the test
entry from the account display. On re-opening the Price Editor, I found
the entry had not been removed so, in this respect, 2.6.1 behaved the
same as 2.6.0.

I've looked in the Guide but haven't yet found a mention that if one
deletes an entry from the accounts display, one should also remove it
from the Price Editor.

Is this behaving as it should and, if so, is there a warning in the
Guide that I've missed? If this is not the correct behaviour, should I
raise a bug report?

As to zero-pricing, that was a misunderstanding of the system on my
part and I think I've got a way round that. If I want more help on
that, I'll raise it separately.

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit); KDE 4.12.2; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;