Any way to correct the running total of shares?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 5 10:41:53 EST 2014

Hi,

Graham P Davis <hacker at scarlet-jade.com> writes:

> I've looked in the Guide but haven't yet found a mention that if one
> deletes an entry from the accounts display, one should also remove it
> from the Price Editor.
>
> Is this behaving as it should and, if so, is there a warning in the
> Guide that I've missed? If this is not the correct behaviour, should I
> raise a bug report?
>

> As to zero-pricing, that was a misunderstanding of the system on my
> part and I think I've got a way round that. If I want more help on
> that, I'll raise it separately.

The PriceDB and Register are only loosly linked.  The register will read
from the PriceDB to suggest an exchange rate (or price), and it will
enter a price in the PriceDB if one does not already exist for the day.
However as you notice it will never remove data from the PriceDB.  Part
of the reason is that even if you delete the transaction it cannot know
for sure that there isn't ANOTHER transaction somewhere also using the
same PriceDB entry.  Moreover, there is not a direct link from the
transaction that caused the PriceDB entry to be created.

So basically what you are seeing is a feature, not a bug.