Python bindings on Mac OS 10.9

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Feb 5 19:16:52 EST 2014

On Feb 5, 2014, at 4:28 PM, R. Victor Klassen <rvklassen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Next snag, part way through jhbuild build:
>
> jhbuild build: failed to unpack /Users/victor/gtk/source/pkgs/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.10.tar.xz
>

> I tried manually unpacking it, which appeared to work fine, but there are several more packages in the same directory, which I assume aren’t yet unpacked, and would need to be.   After I manually unpacked gnome-doc-utils-0.20.10 I tried running jhbuild again, but it failed with the same error.

You assumed wrong. The sequence is download-upack-configure-build. pkgs contains all of the downloads, they're unpacked into the outer directory, i.e. gtk/source. That explains why unpacking it by hand didn't clear the error.

There should have been more error messages explaining *why* jhbuild failed to unpack the file. Please share them.

Regards,
John Ralls