Recategorizing / bulk acount changing

Elwood elwoodblues at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 5 21:42:16 EST 2014

As I'm reading through the various sources of GnuCash documentation, and experimenting with various tasks in the user interface, it just struck me that there seems to be no easy way to move multiple transactions from one account to another.  (I read about how you can delete a parent account and have it absorb the child account transactions, but that's not always practical.)

As someone trying to migrate away from Quicken, this strikes me as a big need.  It would be especially helpful for cleaning up the data imported from Quicken.  It also seems like it would be useful in general for the personal finance user (as opposed to the business accounting user) because they will naturally make a lot of mistakes in categorization/account setup, and will constantly be in the mode of improving and changing where expenses go.

Am I missing something here?