Recategorizing / bulk acount changing

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 22:03:58 EST 2014

You have read the documentation correctly, There really is no way to change most (but not all) transactions in an account register to a different destination. My experience is that this sort of need decreases as you get your books the way you actually need them.

What I have done in this circumstance is:
1) open the account register from which I am moving some transactions in Auto Split mode,
2) change the first target transaction to use the new account and copy the full new account info before leaving the field,
3) commit the transaction, which removes the transaction from this register, since it is no longer anchored to this account.
4) repeat 1-3 for every other transaction I wish to move, using Paste to enter the new destination account

Before too long, you have worked through the complete register.

HTH,
David