Any way to correct the running total of shares?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 6 16:17:56 EST 2014

Graham P Davis <hacker at scarlet-jade.com> writes:

> Thanks, David, for trying to explain but let's please forget about the
> price of the shares, that is absolutely irrelevant. Tne error in the
> 'balance' column was for the number of shares.

Yes.

> In 2.6.0, say I entered a purchase for 1000 shares, the balance column
> showed 1000. If I then bought another 200 shares, the column read 1200.
> If I deleted that entry and added a purchase of 300 shares, the balance
> column would read 1500 shares instead of 1300.
>
> In 2.6.1, the same procedure gives the correct result of 1300 shares,
> showing the bug in 2.6.0 has been fixed.

Yes, this was a bug in 2.6.0 where it was hiding certain classes of
transactions incorrectly.  They were still affecting the account but the
register wouldn't show them.  This was fixed for 2.6.1.