Duplicate invoices help needed

Brenda Reed brendareed123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 21:50:34 EST 2014

Hello, newbie user here. I somehow made a duplicate of an invoice
accidentally and somehow the same invoice # was used. I have found out that
once an invoice is created it cannot be deleted, so I created a credit note
which I figured would reverse one of the invoices, which it did in the A/R
register. Then I ran an A/R Aging and it only showed the debit and the
credit for 1 of the invoices, with a $0 balance. I'm stumped as to how to
handle this the right way; I don't really want an extra invoice hanging out
there in A/R looking like I'm owed money that I won't be receiving, and not
sure what will happen when it comes to applying the payment if it's showing
a $0 balance because I entered a credit against 1 of the invoices. Thank
you for any help.
*Brenda*