Recategorizing / bulk acount changing

Elwood elwoodblues at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 6 22:10:58 EST 2014

i just hope I'm not reorganizing for 10 years.  I'm trying to move from Quicken 2002 to GnuCash.  My initial import attempt revealed a variety of issues, some of which need to be changes in my import settings, but many of which were simply recategorization/account shifting problems.  Since then, I've been trying to use the Recategorize feature in Quicken to clean up before exporting a new QIF to feed into GnuCash.  I guess I'm just expecting that one always needs some amount of account changing capability on an ongoing basis because no ones perfect on their transaction entry, but maybe you're right about it mostly being a temporary problem.

Sent from my iPad