cannot install gc 2.6 for ubuntu

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Feb 9 12:42:55 EST 2014

I tried to download gc 2.6 from the ubuntu software center and got the
following:

Package dependencies cannot be resolved.

gnucash: Depends: gnucash-common (= 1:2.6.1-1~getdeb1) but
1:2.6.1-1~getdeb1 is to be installed
          Depends: libaqbanking33 (>= 4.99.2) but it is not going to be
installed
          Depends: libgc1c2 (>= 1:7.1) but 1:7.2d-5ubuntu1 is to be
installed

I had turned on access from the getdeb site, but that didn't work. The
gc site treats ubuntu users as step-children.  It says to use the ubuntu
software center, even though the sc is usually behind the times re:
versions.

Thoughts?

John