cannot install gc 2.6 for ubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:50:01 EST 2014

On 9 February 2014 17:42, John Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
> I tried to download gc 2.6 from the ubuntu software center and got the
> following:
>

> Package dependencies cannot be resolved.

> gnucash: Depends: gnucash-common (= 1:2.6.1-1~getdeb1) but 1:2.6.1-1~getdeb1
> is to be installed
>          Depends: libaqbanking33 (>= 4.99.2) but it is not going to be
> installed
>          Depends: libgc1c2 (>= 1:7.1) but 1:7.2d-5ubuntu1 is to be installed
>
> I had turned on access from the getdeb site, but that didn't work. The gc
> site treats ubuntu users as step-children.  It says to use the ubuntu
> software center, even though the sc is usually behind the times re:
> versions.

The Software Center will install from whatever sources you have
enabled.  If you have enabled getdeb then SC will install from there
if that is where the latest version is.

Open a terminal and run
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If that shows errors then copy/paste them here (just the errors, we
don't need the whole lot).
If no errors then
sudo apt-get install gnucash
If you still get errors like the ones above then try
sudo apt-get install -f

Colin