403b loan

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Feb 10 17:07:11 EST 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:25:33 -0500
Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I enter it in gnucash?  I think the best is as an asset.
>
> Putting all this aside....  the cash fund account is meant to move
> funds in and out of an investment, correct?  That is how I'm treating
> the regular 403b account.
>
> Thanks,

Sit down with a blank large piece of paper and work out where the money
goes, and then convert that into Gnucash.

I have no concept about a 40xx anything, but whether this is a
liability or an asset depends on the point of view of the books you are
keeping.
In your personal books it is a liability.
In books kept from the perspective of the manager of the 40xx it is an
asset.

Are you keeping two sets of books for these purposes?
I keep separate books for each entity, and yes, I have to double enter
some things, because they represent different views of my finances.