Checks

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:09:38 EST 2014

On 2/10/2014 5:54 PM, Gregory Forster wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I usually try to help.  This time, I need the help. Creating
> checks, I like the Quicken with side stub,  however even if that
> doesn't line up correctly, it is suggested to custom format the
> checks.  Don't you then lose the check stub info?  Even when you
> custom format checks, where is the ability to create a check stub with
> payee, date and amount info?  It seems that creating a custom format
> check does not provide ability to print stub info.
>
> Greg
>
> ---
> protection is active.

Generally, in the U. S., anyway, personal checks do not have stubs.
When business checks do have stubs, it is for the payee, not for the
payor.  The payor has all the information resident in his data file, and
no data is lost when there is no stub.

If you want to use a blank check form that has a stub, then you need to
put those fields into your custom format, and as I recall, that is
possible, and here is the detail information on how to do that.
<http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/check_format_info.html>.

David C