Advanced Portfolio report update

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Feb 13 01:45:45 EST 2014

I just checked in a new version of the Advanced Portfolio report which
I think fixes all the reported problems with the previous version.
Fixing these required essentially rewriting the main loop of the
report.  As a result I may well have introduced new bugs so I would
appreciate it if you would try it and see if it works correctly for
your data.

There are also two changes to the options in this version.  The
brokerage fees option is now a three-valued switch: include in basis,
include in gains/losses but not basis, or ignore.

This version of the report calculates money in and out of the stock
account directly instead of inferring it from other splits.  In
connection with this change there is a new option that causes the
report to ignore money into or out of an account that is the parent or
a sibling of the account it is working on.  This can be used to make
certain DRP transactions work better if the dividend passes through an
parent or sibling account before being reinvested.

Since SVN is not longer used used for GnuCash, you need to get the new
version from GitHub if you don't want to wait for 2.6.2.  The URL for
it is

<https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/master/src/report/standard-reports/advanced-portfolio.scm>

Near the top of that page there is a button labeled "Raw".  In Firefox,
at least, if you right click on that button and select "Save Link
As..." it will save a copy of the report to a location you specify.

Please let me know if there are problems.

         Mike